Mitakuye Oyasin translates to "All My Relations" and is commonly pronounced: me-talk-oo-yeh Oy-ah-sin. All beings on Mother Earth possess a life force - be it a plant, a tree, a crystal, a bug, a river or a coyote...and all life is interconnected. We are all related.
We have powerful spiritual ceremonies and gatherings that bring all our relatives together to pray, honor, heal, sing, dance and celebrate our lives.
sweat lodge - inipi
We are not here to sell anything- The Sweat Lodges -Inipi Ceremonies are free - it is a public service and a spiritual ceremony we provide.
We offer 2 sponsored Sweat Lodges/ Inipi Ceremonies per month and 2 open Lodges/ Inipi- every Saturday or Sunday. Please contact Doug Good Feather or send a request on our Contact page to request a sponsored Sweat lodge.
We provide information about location and directions for every sweat lodge individually- the lodge locations change depending on weather, fire regulations/bans, time of year, and availability.
• Please bring a meal or food to share to help serve 10 - 15 people. Fresh Fruit, Soups, or any Potluck food is fine. There are no refrigerators on site but we do have coolers for keeping food cold.
• We do not provide childcare/daycare services-please ensure your children are supervised while you are in ceremony.
• The Sweat Lodge is hot and it can be difficult for children to participate. Children under 10 years of age are not advised and must be supervised during the ceremony.
• Please do not eat at least 1 hour prior to entering the Lodge.
• We request each person provide some form of donation to cover the expenses of the lodge including: wood, travel expenses, lodge supplies, and daily expenses. Donations come in the form of a cash donation of $25- $50/ a bundle of wood/ blankets/ serving eco-friendly paper plates, bowls, ect.
• Individual prayer requests may be made- prayer ties might be required to help address specific prayers.
• We cannot have women on their time of the month participate. / We respectfully request anyone on their time of the month to stay home. Please join us at the sweat lodge once your time of the month is fully completed.
• Clothing - Men: loose shorts, towel, t-shirt, and a change of clothing for after the ceremony. • Women: ribbon dresses or long skirts, t-shirt, towel, and a change of clothing for after the ceremony.
pow wow - Northglenn, co
3rd Annual Healing Hoop Pow Wow in Northglenn, CO - September 23rd & 24th 2017. This is a Free Event.
The PowWow is a community gathering that brings people together in celebration of life through dancing, singing and sharing traditional foods and crafts.
This is a drug and alcohol free event for the whole family that promotes sobriety through our cultural ways.
All are welcome to attend.
sun dance - Ft. Laramie, WY
The purpose of the sun dance is to reconnect with the earth and the spirits. Calls for a renewal of life and a prayer for life.
A Prayer for Intergenerational Healing Commemorating the 150th Anniversary of the signing of the 1868 Treaty.
Philámayayapi - Thank You to all those who made 2016 a strong prayer! See you in 2017.
To All My Relations - Mitakuye Oyasin.